The village of Broadway is situated at the northern end of the Cotswold Hills, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is a very popular tourist centre with visitors every day of the year. The main High Street in the lower part of the village is dominated by commercial outlets, with a high proportion of antique, clothes and gift shops. The attractive village green is used for a variety of village events. The population is just over 3000.
The church is situated at the upper end of the High Street, a short way up the road that used to lead out of the village. This is largely residential with a wide variety of the honey coloured stone houses that characterise this village. The building is set back from the road, stone built, with a additional hall and meeting room. There is wheelchair access for the less mobile to the church and hall and they both have a loop system for those with hearing aids and a sound system. There is also a toilet in the church for the less mobile.
The origins of this Church go back to Non-Conformist worship in 1792. It became a Congregational Church and then in 1972, when nationally that denomination joined with the Presbyterians, it became the United Reformed Church.